To tempt you a little bit, here is a little quilt Stephanie received in a swap she participate in once. Her friend, Ivy, made it for her. It's such a treasure!
|The quilt Stephanie received from Ivy in a swap!|
Here are the details:This swap is open to members of the Great Lakes Modern Quilt Guild only. If you are interested in participating, please click on the link below to sign up. You must complete and submit the sign up form by 5:00 pm on Saturday, June 6 to participate!
SIGN UP FOR THE SWAP HERE!
After you sign up, you will receive an email, telling you your Pinterest inspiration board is ready to access. Click the link below for hints on creating your Pinterest inspiration board.
CLICK HERE FOR PINTEREST INSTRUCTIONS AND TIPS!
Click on the link below to access the guild Pinterest site, where you can locate your inspiration board. Pin at least 10 items to your inspiration board to give your swap partner an idea of what you like. You can pin quilts, fabric, other color inspirations, or anything that might give your partner ideas about what you like and to inspire them to make something awesome for you. Complete your Pinterest board by June 13, 2015 at 5:00.
GO TO GREAT LAKES MODERN QUILTER PINTEREST SITE BY CLICKING HERE!
When you receive the name of your partner, go to our guild Pinterest site (link above) and find your partner’s board. Study the board to get an idea of what your partner would like. Then, get to work on creating a little quilt for your partner based on ideas you generated from his/her inspiration board.
Specifications for the little quilt:
- The quilt should be somewhere between 48” and 80” in perimeter. This means your quilt could be as small as 12”x12” or as large as 20”x20”. It could also be a rectangle, such as 10”x 30”, as long as it is not larger than the perimeter requirements listed.
- Please make your little quilt in the modern style.
- The quilt should consist of three layers: backing, batting, and top. It should be quilted and “finished” (or bound) in some fashion.
- You may use any form you’d like…piecing, applique, etc.
- Please use your best workmanship and quilt shop quality fabrics.
- Feel free to post little sneak peeks of your project on our guild’s Facebook page. You could do a little snippet of your fabrics or your progress. But don’t give away who your partner is. Just say something like this: “Hope you like it, partner!” Folks will be wondering (and hoping) they are your partner!
- Work on your little quilt through June and July. This will be our on-line activity for that time period.
CLICK HERE TO VISIT AMY'S CREATIVE SIDE
Bring your completed quilt to the July meeting, which is July 25, 2015. We will have a show and tell at the meeting and reveal who the partners are. You will deliver by hand your swap item, and you will receive your quilt at the meeting, too! If you cannot make it to the meeting, please make sure you give your swap item to someone to deliver for you.
Please make sure you can have your quilt done on time. If you cannot, please let Stephanie or Pam know right away so that an “angel quilter” can be identified to ensure your quilt is finished and no one leaves the meeting disappointed.
Some swaps involve sending little “goodies” along for your swap partner. We are asking people NOT to do that for this swap. Just the quilt is enough, as is your friendship!
If you have questions, please email Stephanie or Pam. We will be glad to answer questions and help you with any steps along the way (including help with Pinterest, if you need it).
Let’s have some fun!!! Hope you'll join in!
Stephanie and Pam