Stephanie here. Thank you for your support of the new guild so far! It makes me very happy. :-)
As mentioned in the previous post, our next meeting is Saturday, February 23 at 10:00 am at the Ransom District Library in Plainwell.
Our agenda will be as follows:
- Determining our mission and determining bylaws (i.e., making decisions about our dues, etc.)
- Determining our meeting schedule. Please think about how you want to do this and be prepared to discuss it.
- Some (myself included) are a little worried about trying to maintain a monthly meeting schedule while also maintaining membership in other guilds.
- Do we want to "meet" online during some months as an alternative to face-to-face meetings?
- We could meet quarterly and have a full day of sewing following our meeting.
- We will plan to meet on weekends.
The guild provided color inspiration, and they all made a mosaic block from Elizabeth Hartman's book. Mary told me they raffled off all the blocks....everyone who contributed a block was in the raffle. The winner got to keep all the blocks. (And winners in her guild are not eligible to win another such drawing until they produce a completed quilt top from the raffle blocks. I like that!)
For our sew day, we could pick a color palette to work with, and make a block, like Mod Mosaic or another from her book, during our sew day. We could hold a raffle at the end of the day. I have both her books and could teach the block.
Here are some ideas for palettes I found for your inspiration:
What do you think of this idea? And what palettes inspire you?
Another idea would be to make some "made fabric" using Victoria Findlay Wolfe's "15 Minutes to Play" book (which I also have).
I look forward to your thoughts and comments here and on the 23rd!
We might need RSVPs for our meeting on the 23rd so we can make sure to have enough chairs. I'm so excited by the amount of enthusiasm everyone has shown about all this!
See you soon!
AKA "Big Kahuna"