I apologize for the short time frame for making blocks this month--I'd intended to have these done for our social meeting, and when it got snowed out (TWICE!), it accidentally dropped off my to-do list.
Anyway, this block is quick and small--I made the three you see here in under an hour. You can find the template from Rita of Red Pepper Quilts here.
The size is 5-1/2" unfinished. Please use a bright/fun print for the center (feel free to fussy cut!) and then white/low volume and black for the middle/outer sections. You can use the white and black in either order, as you see in my blocks.
The only tip I would add (her tutorial is excellent) is that if you're having trouble eyeballing the center of the long side of your triangles and the center of the side of a square, fold each in half and fingerpress. Align these two fingerpressed creases and your triangles will be centered nicely on each side of the square.
- Submit a photo of the completed block by March 26th. We want this to be fun and easy, not stressful, so we have several options for submitting your photo.
- If you have a Flickr account, please post the photo to Flickr, add it to the Great Lakes Modern Quilt Guild group pool, and tag it GLMQG032016. *Adding the tag is key, because it allows the photo to get into the slideshow on our blog.*
- If you have a Facebook account, you may post the picture to the Great Lakes Modern Quilt Guild Facebook page.
- You may email your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you do not have access to a digital camera, contact me (Lisa) and I will arrange to photograph your block.
- How to win all the blocks:
- We are going to draw for a winner of all the blocks at our next live meeting, which is March 26th. You do not need to be present to win.
- IMPORTANT: If you want to be entered in the drawing but will not be at the meeting with your block, please make sure to let another attendee know. We try our best to make sure everyone who submits a photo of their block gets entered in the drawing, but making sure a friend puts your name in the hat will guarantee you have a chance to win!
- You get your name in the drawing each time you enter a block. So, if you submit two blocks, your name goes in the drawing twice!
- Please bring your completed block to the March meeting so all the blocks can be delivered to the winner. If the winner is not at the meeting, we will mail them to him/her.
- We'll post the name of the winner here on the blog. So, if we don't have your email address, check the blog so you can see if you won and can send us your contact information. (If you are at the meeting, you'll get your blocks on the spot!)
- If you will not be at the meeting, either
- Give the block to a friend to bring it for you, or
- Mail it in. E-mail us at email@example.com, and we'll send you the mailing address where you can send your blocks.
- That winner must assemble the blocks into a finished quilt before being eligible to win again. Fair enough?
As always, leave a comment if you have a question and I'll try to answer it!
Can't wait to see your blocks at the end of the month! Also, an additional little plug for the meeting...I'm doing the presentation and it's on made fabric--it'll be fun, so please come! :)