Our June activity will be a "virtual meeting" instead of an actual gathering. We'll each take the month to create a quilt block and at the end of the month we'll display them all online together. Participants will be entered in a drawing to win the all blocks!
- The block pattern is the Bow Tie block featured in this tutorial by Megan from Canoe Ridge Creations
- Make one or more blocks, 12" finished size (12-1/2" square)
- Use a white solid or white background print for the background--text/writing fabric if you can find it--and modern prints for the "bows." Let's stick with a warm color scheme for these blocks--reds, oranges, yellows, etc. (It's okay if the prints have other colors in them as long as they predominantly "read" warm.)
- Submit a photo of the completed block by July 20. We want this to be fun and easy, not stressful, so we have several options for submitting your photo.
- If you have a Flickr account, please post the photo to Flickr, add it to the Great Lakes Modern Quilt Guild group pool, and tag it GLMQG-Jun13
- If you have a Facebook account, you may post the picture to the Great Lakes Modern Quilt Guild facebook page.
- You may email your photo email@example.com
- If you do not have access to a digital camera, contact me (Lisa) and I will arrange to photograph your block.
- How to win all the blocks:
- We are going to draw for a winner of all the blocks at our next live meeting, which is July 27. You do not need to be present to win.
- You get your name in the drawing each time you enter a block. So, if you submit two blocks, your name goes in the drawing twice!
- Please bring your completed block to the July meeting so all the blocks can be delivered to the winner. If the winner is not at the meeting, we will mail them to him/her.
- We'll post the name of the winner here on the blog. So, if we don't have your email address, check the blog so you can see if you won and can send us your contact information. (If you are at the meeting, you'll get your blocks on the spot!)
- If you will not be at the meeting, either
- Give the block to a friend to bring it for you, or
- Mail it to me. E-mail us firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll send you the mailing address where you can send your blocks.
- That winner must assemble the blocks into a finished quilt before being eligible to win again. Fair enough?
Any questions? Leave a comment below. Can't wait to see you all at our July meeting!