What a wonderful meeting and workshop we had! A few items of guild business you should be aware of:
1. Christmas party is Tuesday, 4 December, 5:30 - 9:00 at the University Roadhouse! Make a 12-16" holiday-themed pillow for the gift exchange. Pillow needs to be finished (stuffed or pillow form) with the closure of your choice (zipper, envelope, etc.), and wrapped or in a gift bag. The gift exchange is optional!!
2. Reminder to renew your dues ($40) in January. If you renew before the February meeting, your name will be entered in a drawing for a super prize!
3. Speaking of the February meeting, some exciting news! We will be meeting on Thursday, 7 February at the Kalamazoo Public Library. Why a Thursday? Because we will be FaceTiming with VICTORIA FINDLAY WOLFE! She will be giving us a virtual trunk show! More details to come, but be sure to save the date! You can find her at vfwquilts.com
4. If you would like to host the January informal meeting, please let us know! We also need hosts for May, July, and September. We usually meet the 4th Wednesday, but we can change that to accommodate the hosts' schedules.
5. RETREAT IS ALMOST HERE! November 15-18 at Camp Lutherwald! You will need to bring your own food. If you can't come for whole time, you can come for the day!
6. Don't forget to make your Converging Corners block (instructions here). These blocks will be assembled and quilted for a special presentation to the Kalamazoo Log Cabin Quilt Guild's 40th anniversary in April. The finished quilt will then be donated to the WMU Seita Scholars program.
Stay tuned to the blog for the 2019 schedule -- some GREAT stuff coming!
The Traveling Quilts have all gone home!
We can't wait to see Stephanie's!
These blocks were found at a second-hand shop and assembled with care by Erinn.
Erinn also made the Finnish and Scottish Flags to be gifted.
Shannon made this cute bag.
She also finished this cheerful masterpiece!
...and did an amazing job on the quilting!
Jackie shares some of her amazing work.
The Aloe Vera bloomed, and Jackie captured the beauty in this piece!
Another beautiful quilt top from Jackie!
Jane finished her Glacial Ice from the Gudrun Erla workshop!
Jane's Haldora, also from the Gudrun workshop...
Stephanie has been practicing her longarming with Angela Walters!
More amazing quilting!
Our Sew Together Sew-Along! Thank you Stephanie and Carolyn for your guidance! Check out the Facebook and Instagram pages for some of the finished products!